After uploading details of outward and inward supplies, it is time to adjust Input GST Credit with the Output GST Liability and make the payment for the balance amount. By every 20th of the following month GSTR-3 shall be filed after making the payment of GST liability. However for the month of July-2017 due date for filing this form is 10th Nov, 2017 and dates for subsequent months is yet to be notified.
Most of the details shall be auto-populated from Form GSTR-1 & 2 and the modifications accepted through Form GSTR – 1A. Based on these details total tax liability shall be computed by the system after adjusting Input Credit and TDS or TCS if any and the same should be paid before uploading Form GSTR-3.
Form GSTR-3 shall contain the following information:
- Outward Supplies and amendments therein (Auto-populated)
- Inward Supplies on which GST is payable under RCM (Auto-populated)
- Input Tax Credit and amendments (Auto-populated)
- Tax Liability for Mismatch and changes in previous months supplies (Auto-populated)
- Credit of TDS & TCS (Auto-populated)
- Interest & Late Fee
- Input Adjustment & Tax Payment
- Refund Claim if any
There is no option to revise any return form under GST provisions and in case any correction is required in outward or inward supplies the same shall be done in next month’s return only. If return for previous month is not filed then return for subsequent month cannot be filed therefore it is necessary to file returns in order.